Rules, Regulations & Suggestions
RAINY RIVER RULES FOR FIREARM/ARCHERY DEER HUNTING
- 1 (one) deer per person. Deer taken with rifle must have a minimum of 4 (four) points on one side. Deer taken with a bow/crossbow must have a minimum of 3 (three) points on one side.
- Violators of point minimum rules will be subject to a $400.00 penalty.
- Wounding Deer- 1st time: Hunt is over for the day
- Wounding Deer- 2nd time: Your 3.5 or 5 day hunt is over
- No hunting scents are allowed at Rainy River
PURCHASING A CANADIAN HUNTING LICENSE:
- You must bring a valid hunt license from your native country or a hunting certificate from your successful hunting course completion.
- You must be at least 16 years old to purchase a hunting license in Canada.
For Detailed Ontario Canada Hunting Regulations, Please Visit The Ontario Hunting Website
RULES FOR BRINGING A RIFEL/BOW/CROSSBOW INTO CANADA:
Canadian border regulations require, in addition to your Passport or Birth Certificate & Photo ID, that you have:
- A completed Firearms Declaration Form
- Trigger locks on ALL semi-automatic firearms
- Remove bolts on bolt action rifles before crossing the border
For more information on bringing firearms into Canada, please visit the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Website.
SUGGESTED LIST OF WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR HUNT:
- Sighted rifle or bow
- One full box of ammunition or 6-12 arrows with field point tips & broad heads
- A good pair of lightweight binoculars
- Sunscreen & Bugspray
- Flashlight with extra batteries and/or lantern
- Hunting rain ouster gear
- Warm hunting outer gear
- Non-cotton long underwear
- Non-cotton warm socks
- Non-cotton layered clothing
- Solid hunter orange vest, jacket or hat
- Warm hunting hat with ear flaps
- Warm, waterproof hunting boots
- Hiking shoes and/or comfortable shoes for around camp
- Jeans for around camp
- Comfortable shirts for around camp
- Socks and underwear
- Personal needs
- Archery targets are already on-site at Rainy River Outfitters